Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Fathers Love

This was the fastest Christmas Day I can remember in a really long time! The boys woke up at 715, opened presents in 2 seconds, fought over presents, ate brunch, wrestled over presents, napped, ate cookies, fought some more, ate dinner and next thing I knew we were getting ready for bed! However, I have had the pleasure of watching and listening to my oldest son and my husband build Jabbas Palace- all 700 + pieces for the past two hours. There is nothing like the love and bond between a father and son. My husband is an amazing father whose wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to the boys. If Nolan, the youngest, wants to play with play dough, Dave will create snakes, snowmen, and even sculpt batman for him. If Drew wants to pretend to be Luke Skywalker and wants to fight Darth Vadar, Dave grabs a light saber and fights away. Right now I can hear him voicing the characters of Jabba, Hans Solo and R2D2 has Drew creates scenes with his wild imagination. Dave continues to surprise me everyday with his love, compassion and commitment to our family. I thought I knew everything about him when I married him almost 10 years ago. I knew he would be a great dad, but his capacity as a dad and husband has blown me away. I feel so lucky- and I should probably tell him more often! Maybe less nagging should be my New Years resolution! 

This lego commercial is my husband and our sons...

LEGO Just Won Christmas With This Heartwarming Father-Son Commercial http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/11/lego-father-son-ad-lets-build/ via @UPROXX

I am truly blessed to have these boys in my life. Cheers to another amazing Christmas! I am looking forward to 2014 where I am sure it will be filled with crazy adventures! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! It sounds like you had a fabulous day with your husband and boys. I think it's so sweet that your husband gets down and dirty with your sons. That makes my heart smile! I'm a nagger and I don't even have children. I should probably add that as one of my resolutions.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my boys get Lego sets (now it is only our youngest, who has gotten all the hand-me-down Lego sets of yore), my first reaction is always ... how many pieces? But then, we dig in and start building, and it is interesting what happens. Of course, a day later, the 7,000 piece Lego Structure is often ripped apart and rebuilt into something of their own imagination, which is perfect and more of what I like to see anyway.
    Happy holidays.
    Kevin
    PS -- Your blog is now part of my own 50 comments at 50 blogs over 50 days #nerdlution. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete